PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – Nov. 29, 2021 – A new COVID-19 testing site will open at Dunkirk District Park, located at 10750 Southern Maryland Blvd. in Dunkirk, beginning Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021. The testing site is independently operated by First Call Medical Center and will provide same-day, walk-up COVID-19 rapid, PCR, and antigen testing in Calvert County. Testing will be available at the site every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
COVID-19 testing is available through many primary care providers throughout the county. The following local providers also offer COVID-19 testing by appointment:
- Calvert Internal Medicine Group
- CalvertHealth Primary Care (for established patients)
- Patriot Urgent Care in Dunkirk, Prince Frederick and Solomons
In addition, more than 300 testing sites are available throughout Maryland; use the Maryland Department of Health testing site locator to find a location with availability.
Citizens are reminded to NOT call 911 or visit the emergency room for COVID-19 testing. DO seek emergency medical care immediately if you or someone you know is experiencing any emergency warning signs of COVID-19:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Sudden confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray or blue-colored skin, lips or nail beds