SCRANTON, Pa. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s swim team wrapped up the Atlantic East Conference regular season with a 117-81 road victory over Marywood University on Saturday afternoon.
St. Mary’s College (5-5, 3-2 AEC), who snapped a three-meet skid with today’s triumph, was led in the win by sophomore Sam Shenot (Upper Marlboro, Md./Leonardtown) and first-year Luke Schwenk (Annapolis, Md./Broadneck) as the duo each grabbed three wins.
How It Happened
- The Seahawks claimed first place in the 200-medley relay in 1:46.42 behind the efforts of Schwenk, junior Anri Cifuentes Robinson (Easton, Md./Easton), Shenot, and junior captain Jack Kennedy (Northampton, Pa./Northampton Area).
- Shenot’s additional two victories came in the 200 butterfly in 2:13.76 and the 100 butterfly in 59.15.
- For Schwenk, he posted two more wins in the 50 freestyle in 22.48 and the 200 individual medley in 2:05.88.
- Junior Sebastian Ludwig (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) notched a pair of wins in taking first in the 1,000 freestyle in 11:05.20 and the 500 freestyle in 5:19.29. Ludwig also placed second in the 200 IM in 2:14.75.
- Cifuentes Robinson earned an additional triumph as he touched the wall first in the 100 freestyle in 54.86.
- Kennedy tallied a second win in the 200 backstroke in 2:10.46.
- First-year Sam Meisel (Bethesda, Md./Walter Johnson) led St. Mary’s College in the 200 breaststroke with a third-place finish in 2:57.09.
- With the meet win in hand, the Seahawks swam exhibition in the last event of the day – the 200-freestyle relay – which St. Mary’s College would’ve won by almost four seconds if not swimming exhibition.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Jan. 22 at Salisbury (3-1) – Salisbury, Md. – 1:00 p.m.