FAIRFAX, VA– As the Seahawks moved to compete in their third meet of the season they continued to set and break school records for the St. Mary’s Track and Field Program. Natalie Romero, Ariat Ojulu, Ariana Lecouras, Jordan Bailey, Elizabeth Marchbank, Alana Thompson, and Morgan Marzec each played a role in bringing home seven new records from the Patriot Games Meet hosted by George Mason.
How it Happened
- Natalie Romero and Alana Thompson competed in the 200M Dash for the Seahawks today. Romero beat teammate Thompson’s previous record of 30.98 seconds with a time of 30.39 seconds. Thompson also bested her previous time and finished today’s race in a time of 30.71 seconds.
- Up next for the Seahawks was the 400M Dash where Ariat Ojulu brought home her own record in the event. Ojulu crossed the finish line in 22nd place with a time of 1:10.23; beating Thompson’s previous record of 1:12.39. Thompson and Romero also competed in the 400M for the Seahawks and finished right behind Ojulu, Thompson taking 23rd and Romero 24th. Thompson also beat her previous record and finished at 1:11.64. Romero rounded out the race with a time of 1:15.28.
- Ariana Lecouras and Kendal Eldridge ran in the 800M Run for St. Mary’s today. Lecouras placed 23rd with a time of 2:49.46 while Eldridge finished just eight seconds later at 2:57.40.
- Jordan Bailey set a record by competing in the 1000M Run at the Patriot Games. Bailey placed 29th overall and set the record at 4:12.85 for the Seahawks.
- Ariana Lecouras broke her own record competing in the One Mile Race today. Lecouras previous record stood at 6:35.15 which she earned during the VMI Team Challenge last meet. Lecouras shaved an amazing 22 seconds off her record and now holds the title with a mile time of 6:13.08. Kendal Eldridge and Jason Sprague also competed in the One Mile for the Seahawks. Eldridge earned a 37th place finish in 6:28.71 while Sprague rounded out the race for the Hawks with a time of 7:10.61
- Ariat Ojulu, Natalie Romero, Elizabeth Marchbank and Alana Thompson raced in the 4x400M Relay together to set a new record for St. Mary’s. This team of four set the record with a tenth place finish at a time of 4:54.55.
- Alana Thompson would set her last record of the day by participating in the Long Jump. As the first Seahawk to compete in the Long Jump for the Women’s Track and Field Program, Thompson sets the record at 4.17 meters.
- Morgan Marzec set her first record today representing St. Mary’s in the Shot Put for the first time. Marzec sets the record at a distance of 7.12 meters.
The Seahawks will compete in the Frank Colden Invitational at Ursinus College on February 5th. The meet is slated to kick off at 9 AM in Collegeville, PA.