Fredericksburg, VA– The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s basketball team (10-11) dropped a non-conference matchup Wednesday night to the University of Mary Washington (16-6). The final score was 66-48.
How It Happened
- The Seahawks trailed the Eagles 18-8 after the first quarter of play. Madalyn Jones and Cameron Mangold were able to hit back-to-back jump shots to get St. Mary’s on the board and cut into the Mary Washington lead. Stephanie Howell finished the quarter on a strong note, scoring the final four points for the Seahawks
- Stephanie Howell continued her strong performance for the Seahawks, chipping in six points in the second quarter. Rachel Manning was able to hit a shot just before the halftime buzzer to bring St. Mary’s back within striking distance. Mary Washington led 38-22.
- Karon Williams was able to hit a clutch layup mid-way through the third quarter to trim the deficit to just 11. Cameron Mangold followed with a big jump shot to make it a single digit deficit for the first time since the first quarter.
- The Seahawks were sparked by three straight points by Karon Williams mid-way through the quarter, but came up just short in their comeback attempt. St. Mary’s shot just over 30% from the field in the game.
Inside the Box Score
- Stephanie Howell led the Seahawks with 14 points and three rebounds. Howell also contributed two blocks and three steals on the defensive end.
- Rachel Manning contributed eight points and two steals..
- Karon Williams hustled for seven points and six rebounds.
St. Mary’s College Women’s Basketball will begin the final stretch of their regular season when they travel to Lancaster Bible this Saturday, February 12th. The Seahawks and Chargers tip-off at 7:00 pm.