St. Mary’s City, MD– The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s tennis team took on Marymount University this afternoon (Feb. 26) in non-conference action. This was the Seahawks’ first match of the spring season and the first match on their home court. The final score was 8-1 in favor of the Seahawks.
- St. Mary’s swept doubles, 3-0. Diana Levit and Hannah Gorel played in the No.1 spot this afternoon and defeated the saints, 8-6. In the No. 2 spot, Halley Hershey and Amber Manspeaker picked up a win over Marymount 8-0.
- Rounding things off with a score of 8-6, Sydney Anderson and Giselle Harris came up victorious over the Saints..
- Levit, Gorel, and Hershey competed in singles at the No. 1, No. 2, and No. 3 spot respectively. Gorel came out on top winning two sets: 6-1, 6-1. Hershey always came away with a win with scores of 6-2,6-2.
- Manspeaker competed in the No. 4 spot and secured another win for the Seahawks, 6-0. 6-0. Anderson continued the momentum for the Seahawks in the No. 5 spot, winning 6-0,6-2. Rounding things off, Giselle Harris took care of business in her match in the No. 6. spot. She came away victorious with scores of 6-1,6-1.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- March 2. vs. Hood College | 3:30 PM | St. Mary’s City, Md.