St. Mary’s City, MD– The St. Mary’s College of Maryland baseball team (2-2) hosted No. 9 Eastern Connecticut State (3-0) in a non-conference contest this afternoon (Mar. 6). The Seahawks fell to the Warriors 9-5.
How It Happened
- Eastern Connecticut led the Seahawks 4-1 after the first three innings of play. Myles Pittman brought a runner home on a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the third.
- St. Mary’s began to cut into the Warrior lead in the bottom of the fourth inning after bringing home two more runners. Garrett Pulliam hit a strike to center field to bring in a runner. Pulliam got credited with an RBI single. Later in the inning, Nate Brown got credited with an RBI after hitting a fielder’s choice. Eastern Connecticut led after the sixth inning by a score of 5-3.
- The Seahawks trailed the Warriors 9-3 going into the bottom of the ninth. Adrian Auber was able to hit a drive to left field to bring in a runner to cut the deficit to 5. A few plays later, Brett Rothman made it home after a wild pitch. The Seahawks were unable to add any more points on the afternoon and fell to Eastern Connecticut 9-5.
Inside the Box Score
- Myles Pittman, Adrian Auber, and Garrett Pulliam all recorded an RBI for the Seahawks..
- Tyson Johnson started on the mound for St. Mary’s and pitched six innings. He faced 27 batters and struck out two. Jake Sandbridge, David Baggott, and Nick Testoni also made appearances pitching for the Seahawks. Baggott struck out two batters.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Mar. 8 vs College of Southern Maryland | 3 PM