Towson, MD– The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s tennis team was defeated by Goucher College this afternoon (Mar. 5). To drop to 4-1 on the year. The Seahawks fell to the Gophers 8-1 in their third match of the spring.
- Stephen Alam and Kier Nacua competed in the No.1 spot this afternoon for the Seahawks and came up with a win in a back and forth match with the Gophers. The Seahawks came out on top 8-4. Keawe Shepherd-Johnson and Tyler Vanvalkenburg fell in a tough match in the No. 2 spot. The final score was 6-8.
- Finishing off doubles for the afternoon. Sam Sheets and Liam Pratt were defeated 8-1 in the No. 3 spot.
- Stephen Alam fell in the No. 1 spot, losing both sets by scores of 3-6 and 0-6. Kier Nacua also came up short in the No. 2 spot with scores of 0-6 and 3-6. Sam Sheets also fell in the No. 3 spot with scores of 2-6 and 6-7.
- Vanvalkenberg was unable to come up with a win in the No. 4 spot, losing both sets with scores of 1-6 and 3-6. Shepherd-Johnson competed at the No. 5 spot and finished in similar fashion, coming up short in both sets 2-6.
- Liam Pratt finished things up in the No. 6 spot for the Seahawks, dropping both sets by scores of 2-6 and 1-6. .
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Mar. 5 | Oswego State | 1:00 PM | Hilton Head Island, SC