Weather permitting, Tuesday, March 15, two-way traffic will operate on northbound US 301 so work can begin to remove the existing Nice/Middleton Bridge toll plaza.
Nice/Middleton Bridge US 301 All-Electronic (Cashless) Tolling – Construction
- Right and left lane closures along southbound US 301
- Construction of tolling gantry and ITS/electrical equipment installation
- Installation and testing of tolling equipment
- Activation of overhead tolling gantry and highway-speed AET cashless tolling
- Tolls collected in the southbound direction only
- Two-way traffic will operate on northbound US 301
- Shoulders will be closed through the project work area
- Removal of toll booths, islands and canopy
Approach roadway construction to the new Nice/Middleton Bridge will continue.
Recent Project Updates
Starting in March 2022, two-way traffic will operate on northbound US 301 so crews can remove the existing toll plaza. Access to the E-ZPass Maryland Customer Service Center (CSC) will be from Orland Park Road until the new bridge opens.
- Southbound shoulders will be closed through the project work area.
- Stay alert, obey posted speeds and keep moving through the work area.
- Traffic delays are possible throughout the work area.
- Tolls will be collected via a new overhead electronic toll gantry located prior to the existing toll plaza structure for southbound traffic only.
- Always properly mount your E-ZPass transponder and keep your account up to date to receive the lowest toll rate.
- All-electronic tolling is statewide.
Nice/Middleton Bridge AET Configuration at Former Toll Plaza Site
- Nice/Middleton Bridge Driver’s Update Flyer (PDF Download)
- Vimeo Link to Gantry construction video
- Nice/Middleton Bridge AET Project Phase Renderings (PDF Download)