BALTIMORE, Md. – Sophomore Madeleine Blaisdell (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) captured top honors in the 800m as the St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s outdoor track & field team took part at the Goucher College Blue & Gold Classic on Friday. St. Mary’s College recorded six personal records, including one school mark.
How It Happened
- Senior Alana Thompson (Silver Spring, Md./Keystone National [Pa.]) registered a school record in the long jump with 4.68m to finish sixth. Thompson’s mark broke her own school record of 4.64m set on April 2 at the Seahawk Invitational.
- Blaisdell finished first in the 800m in 2:36.12 followed by first-year Ariana Lecouras (Severna Park, Md./Severna Park) in ninth with a personal record (PR) of 2:48.46 and first-year Kendal Eldridge (Ellicott City, Md./Marriotts Ridge) in 11th in 3:01.12.
- The foursome of junior Ariat Ojulu (Baltimore, Md./Dundalk), first-year Natalie Romero (Lusby, Md./Patuxent), Blaisdell, and Thompson took second in the 4×400 relay in 4:35.85.
- Senior captain Stacie Lally (Forest Hill, Md./Fallston) picked up a sixth-place finish in the javelin with a mark of 14.59m while Thompson finished eighth with a PR of 13.77m.
- Lecouras led the Seahawks in the 1,500m with an eighth-place finish in 5:36.10 while Eldridge finished 11th with a PR of 5:54.92.
- Thompson garnered a PR of 1:05.09 in the 400m to finish eighth while Ojulu followed in ninth in 1:05.26.
- Sophomore Meaghan Collins (Pocomoke City, Md./Pocomoke) paced St. Mary’s College in the shot put with an eighth-place finish following a throw of 9.29m while sophomore Morgan Marzec (Delmar, Md./Salisbury Christian) placed 10th with a PR of 8.08m. Sophomore Olivia Magaletta (Columbia, Md./Maryvale Prep) also notched a PR with 6.40m for 14th.
- Romero added a 16th-place finish in the 200m in 29.04.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 23 at Johns Hopkins/Loyola Invitational – Baltimore, Md.