Updated at 8:00 p.m. 01/04/2018
- Joint Base Andrews is a 2 hour delay for non-mission essential employees. All mission essential employees report on time. Contact Chain of Command for any unscheduled leave or telework.
- Marine Base Quanitco- Friday, January 5, MCBQ will be in operating status
CODE YELLOW: The base is open on time. Reasonable delays for reporting to work are excused. Unscheduled leave may be authorized.
SoMD all Locations:
- College of Southern Maryland will be CLOSED tomorrow, Jan. 5, 2018?
- The Arc of Southern Maryland- Due to the inclement weather, The Arc Southern Maryland’s offices in St. Mary’s, Calvert, and Charles Counties will have a DELAYED OPENING of 2 hours on Friday, Jan. 5th, 2018, opening at 10:30 AM. Transportation will NOT be provided.
Anne Arundel County:
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools are a 2 hour delay
Calvert County: CCPS will be closed on 1/5/18. Code Yellow for 12-month employees.
- All emergency personnel report as usual.
- All other 12-month employees report up to 2 hours late.
- Liberal leave is in effect. Employees must notify their immediate supervisor. Schools closed for all students and 10- and 11-month employees.
- Child care is closed.
- Afternoon/Evening activities are canceled.
• All Calvert County government offices are closed Jan. 5.
• The Calvert County circuit and district courts are closed Jan. 5.
• County bus service is not available Jan. 5.
• All county Parks and Recreation activities, rentals and programs are canceled for Jan. 5.
• The county’s community centers, nature center, parks, the Chesapeake Hills Golf Course and the Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center are closed Jan. 5.
• County convenience centers and the Appeal Landfill are closed Jan. 5.
• Calvert County libraries are closed Jan. 5.
• The Calvert Marine Museum will be closed Jan. 5
- Due to inclement weather conditions, all Charles County public schools are closed Friday, Jan. 5, 2018. There is a code two, which is a two-hour delay, for staff who follow the code system. Visit the school system website, www.ccboe.com, or call the 24-hour information line at 301-934-7410/301-932-6656, for the latest school closings and delay information.
- Sheriff’s Office: CODE ORANGE: The Sheriff’s Office will open at 10:00 am on Friday, January 5th with Liberal Leave in effect for Non-Critical Employees.
- Due to inclement weather, Charles County Government will open at 10 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 5 with the liberal leave policy in effect for all non-essential employees.The following facilities and services will begin operations at 10 a.m.:• Crain Memorial Welcome Center
• Charles County Circuit Court and District Court
• Charles County Health Department
The following facilities and services will be closed:
• Nanjemoy Community Center
• All senior centers
• Meals on Wheels program
• All school-based community centers
• Lackey High School, Donald M. Wade Aquatic Center, and North Point High School indoor pools.
• Charles County Public Schools and activities
• College of Southern Maryland (all campuses)
The following facilities will operate on time:
• Charles County Landfill, Landfill Recycling Center, and Pisgah Recycling Center
• Elite Gymnastics and Recreation Center
• Port Tobacco Recreation Center
• Charles County Public Library (all Branches)
Prince George’s County:
- Prince George’s County Government
The Prince George’s County Government will OPEN AT 10:30 a.m. for all non-essential employees. All County buildings will open at 10:30 a.m.
- Circuit and District Court
The Courts will open at 10:30 a.m. Employee are to report at 10:00 a.m.
- Prince George’s County Public Schools
PGCPS – Code Blue – SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED. Central Offices will open two hours late. All 12-month personnel are expected to report. A Liberal Leave policy will be in effect for non-emergency personnel.
St. Mary’s County: All St. Mary’s County Public Schools are closed for Friday, January 5, 2018, with a Code 3 for employees. No employees should report to work. Administrative leave will be provided for twelve month employees. Operations and Maintenance Emergency personnel will follow the established protocol.