Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
Leonardtown, MD – County crews have continued their work to clear roadways. However, some icy spots remain. Drivers are asked to use caution when venturing out today.
The following delays and schedule changes will be in effect for January 5:
- All St. Mary’s County Administrative Offices will open at 10 a.m.
- All St. Mary’s County Public Schools will be closed for students. Code 3 for
- Non-Public School transportation will not operate
- All Recreation and Parks programs operating in the Public Schools are cancelled.
Recreation and Parks facilities will open at 10 a.m. However, the Great Mills
Swimming Pool and Gymnastics Center are closed for mechanical repairs
- STS Transit will not operate until noon at the earliest. A final determination will be made later this morning.
- The six (6) Convenience Centers and St, Andrews Landfill will open at noon.
- All three Senior Activity Centers (Garvey, Loffler and Northern) will open at 10 a.m. However, there will be no Meals on Wheels deliveries or meals served at the centers
- All St. Mary’s County Library locations (Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown & Lexington Park) will open at 10 a.m.
- St. Mary’s County Circuit Courthouse will open at 9 a.m. Court session will begin at 10 a.m.
- St. Mary’s County District Courthouse will open at noon, Court session will begin at 1 p.m.
- All College of Southern Maryland campuses are closed
- NAS Pax River and Solomons Recreational Complex will open at 9 a.m. Webster Field is under restricted access
Stay up to date by visiting the St. Mary’s County Government website at www.stmarysmd.com or
follow us on Facebook or Twitter for official storm updates and information.
Image provided to SoMDC by NASA