Families can also visit the Caring Bunny – a special event in a subdued environment tailored to children with special needs
WASHINGTON D.C. (February 15, 2018) –Simon®, a global leader in retail real estate, is hosting its annual Easter celebration festivities atFashion Centre at Pentagon CityandSt. Charles Towne Center, offering D.C.-area families the chance to participate in traditional and special seasonal events. Kids will have the chance to visit with the Bunny and take home a treasured snapshot of the fun occasion.
Easter Bunny Photo Experience dates and locations are as follows:
- Fashion Centre at Pentagon City:March 16-March 31on the Ground Level in Nordstrom Court
- St. Charles Towne Center:March 9-March 31in Center Court
Families can save time and avoid the line with Bunny by Appointment! To make reserve an appointment with Bunny online, visitsimonbunny.com.
“We love to hold family friendly events and we always look forward to watching children interact with the Bunny at Easter,” said Todd Jerscheid, director of marketing and business development at Fashion Centre at Pentagon City.
The Caring Bunny™ event will offer families that have children with special needs a subdued environment to participate in the Bunny Photo Experience. Caring Bunny, the largest program of its kind, has been developed by Simon and is guided by AbilityPath.org, a national online resource hub and special needs community. Over 90 Simon® properties will host the Caring Bunny this season. Promotional assistance for Caring Bunny has been provided by Autism Speaks.
Many steps will be taken to reduce sensory triggers, creating a more comforting environment for children’s cherished visit with the Bunny. The subdued environment is likely to include:
- Turning off in-mall music, stopping escalators located near the photo set, dimming the lights and shutting down fountains for the duration of the event.
- Eliminating queue lines through the use of a numbering system whereby guests approach the set when their number is called.
- Special activities geared toward the needs of the child during the ‘wait’ period to help the child understand what activities will occur during the visit.
Caring Bunnydates and locations are as follows:
- Fashion Centre at Pentagon City:March 18from9 – 11 a.m.on the Ground Level in Nordstrom Court. For convenient access, families should use the parking garage entrance near Nordstrom on the First Level upon arrival. To reserve a FREE Caring Bunny session, visitsimonbunny.com.
- St. Charles Towne Center:March 11 and 18from8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.at the Easter Bunny Set in Center Court. For convenient access, families should enter the center through the Food Court entrance. To reserve a FREE Caring Bunny session, visitsimon.com/stcharlestownecenter.
The Simon Bunny Photo Experience is again sponsored by GYMBOREE GROUP. The GYMBOREE GROUP is a specialty retailer operating stores selling high-quality apparel and accessories for children under the Gymboree, Gymboree Outlet, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8 brands.
AbilityPath.orgis an online hub and special needs community for parents and professionals to learn, connect and live a more balanced life. The website combines social networking features with expert content fromAbilityPath.org’s team of educators, parents, therapists and medicalprofessionals.AbilityPath.orgwas created byCommunity Gatepath, a nonprofit with over 90 years of experience serving families and children with special needs by fostering hope, dignity and independence.AbilityPath.orgmay also be found onFacebookandTwitter.
About Autism Speaks
Autism Speaks is the world’s leading autism science and advocacy organization. It is dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. Autism Speaks was founded in February 2005 by Suzanne and Bob Wright, the grandparents of a child with autism. Mr. Wright is the former vice chairman of General Electric and chief executive officer of NBC and NBC Universal. Since its inception, Autism Speaks has committed more than $500 million to its mission, the majority in science and medical research. Each yearWalk Now for Autism Speaksevents are held in more than 100 cities across North America. On the global front, Autism Speaks has established partnerships in more than 40 countries on five continents to foster international research, services and awareness. To learn more about Autism Speaks, please visitAutismSpeaks.org.
Image provided courtesy of Simon