Support Local Journalism

$
$
$

Your contribution is appreciated.

Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!

Date:2-14-18

Time:6:15 a.m.

Location / Address:9875 Adams Willett Rd., Nanjemoy, Charles County, Maryland

Type of Incident:Fire

Description of Structure / Property:Two detached 60 x 40 Metal Framed Garage/Workshops

Owner / Occupants:Mark and Heather McKeown

Injuries or Deaths:None

Estimated $ Loss: Structure: $ 200,000.00 Contents:$ 1,000,000.00

Smoke Alarm Status: None

Fire Alarm / Sprinkler Status: None

Arrests(s):None

Primary Responding Fire Department:Nanjemoy Volunteer Fire Department

# of Alarms:1 # Of Firefighters: 32

Time to Control:1 Hour

Discovered By:Homeowner

Area of Origin:Interior Office area

Preliminary Cause: Accidental – Electrical Event

Additional Information: Shortly after6:00 a.m., the homeowners heard what sounded like a gunshot. After investigating, they saw flames coming from the garage. The cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction in the refrigerator. No one was displaced as the garages were away from the residence.