Some may find the outside surveillance video disturbing or graphic. The Sheriff’s department has blurred the faces of the students. This video DOES NOT contain footage of inside the school, the victims or the alleged shooter. Video is approximately 27 minutes long.
This is a preliminary timeline of events from Feb. 14, 2018 and is subject to change based on additional verifiable information received. All times are approximate in p.m.
- 2:06 Uber picks up suspect.
- 2:19 Uber drops off suspect at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
- 2:21:18 Suspect enters east stairwell of Building 12 with rifle inside a soft black rifle case. Suspect walks through all three floors, shooting several students and faculty inside the classrooms and hallways of the building.
- 2:28:35 Suspect exits Building 12 and runs west toward the tennis courts and then heads south.
- 2:29:51 Suspect crosses field and runs west with others who are fleeing the area.
- 2:50 Suspect arrives at the Walmart, enters the store and buys a drink at the interior Subway, then leaves on foot.
- 3:01 Suspect goes to McDonald’s, sits down for a short time and then leaves on foot.
- 3:41 Suspect is detained near 4700 Wyndham Lakes Drive, Coral Springs by Coconut Creek Officer Michael Leonard. A show-up is conducted at that location by BSO homicide detectives. Suspect is positively identified and taken into custody
Read the original news article: