March 21, 2018- MedStar St. Mary’s has lifted the Code Brown at 8 p.m.
Leonardtown, Maryland – Due to inclement weather, a CODE BROWN is in effect for our hospital as of 9 a.m. on March 21, 2018. For patients with scheduled appointments, tests, or surgeries, please use your best judgment when traveling. If you are unsure about the status of your appointment or need to reschedule an appointment or procedure, contact the appropriate department directly.
As a reminder, MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital is OPEN 24/7.
Current CODE BROWN Status:
- MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital, including our Emergency Department, is OPEN. All surgeries and tests will continue as scheduled unless patients are informed otherwise.
- MedStar PromptCare in Charlotte Hall is currently CLOSED but plans to OPEN at noon on March 21. This will be reassessed pending the weather.
- East Run Center will close at 10 a.m. on March 21, including outpatient laboratory services.
- Cancer Care and Infusion Services are OPEN.
- Specialty Physicians at MedStar St. Mary’s is CLOSED.
- Outpatient imaging services are OPEN.
- Outpatient laboratory services at the main hospital are OPEN.
- MedStar Medical Group offices in St. Mary’s County are CLOSED.
- The multi-specialty center MedStar Health at Brandywine is CLOSED.
Remember, do not travel to the hospital if you do not have reliable transportation or feel it is unsafe. If you or a loved one is experiencing an emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
For non-emergency medical needs, please consider using MedStar eVisit, a video-based care option offering access to board-certified medical professionals 24/7. After registering, patients can have a secure virtual consultation for a non-emergency medical issue within minutes through your computer or mobile device. Insurance is not required. Learn more and enroll here.
- Main Hospital: 301-475-8981
- Surgery: 240-434-7652
- Emergency Department: 301-475-6111
- Lab: 301-475-6133
- Imaging: 240-434-7317