Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
LIVE In-Flight Interview with the International Space Station
Thursday, April 19
9:00am – 12:00pm
- Through a nationwide competition, SR’s Signature and STEM departments were chosen to participate in a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) communication session with the International Space Station (ISS) as it orbits the earth.
- Through NASA’s in-flight education downlink from the ISS, students will conduct a one-on-one interview with astronaut Ricky Arnold. Students, parents, media and local officials have been invited to sit in on this LIVE event.
- During the live 20-minute conversation, students may ask the astronauts questions about living in space aboard the space station, NASA’s mission to Mars, or any other topic the students might be interested in.
- Due to the size of the school facilities and the number of parents and students attending, this event is not open to the public. The downlink will be streamed live on NASA TV and will be available online athttp://www.nasa.gov/ntv.
- In conjunction with the theme of this event, our school will feature program exhibits, meetings with career professionals, and live demonstrations. Featured activities include:
SRHS Robotics and Droid Team Demonstrations
NASA Professionals representing STEM careers
NASA Guest Speaker Series
During NEST, 10:30am – 11:30am
Tuesday, March 15
Tuesday, March 27
NASA Women in Space (Room A-101)
Monday, April 9
Earth Science: Filming from Above