Lexington Park, MD: At 6:15 p.m. on April 9, 2018 the Bay District Volunteer Fire Department was alerted to a town home structure fire on Castaway Circle. Upon arrival the fire department discovered a sprinkler contained fire in the garage.

Upon the Fire Marshals investigation it was discovered the fire was started accidentally from a child playing with a lighter. The estimated damage is $20,000 and the family has been displaced and is being assisted by the American red Cross and family members.

One adult and two children with transported to MedStar St. Mary’s for non-life threatening injuries.

Image courtesy of the Office of the State Fire Marshal