La Plata, MD- The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, Oct. 9 at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12, and rebroadcast throughout the week.
Board meetings are streamed live on the school system website at ccboe.com. Select the live streaming image posted on the front page to access the meeting. The following is a tentative meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, Maurice J. McDonough High School
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board Member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
- Student Board Member update
- Career and technology education programs
- Student Services update
- Literacy grant
- Project status update
- FY 2018 Independent financial audit
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Resolutions – American Education Week and American Freedom Week
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
- FY 2019 Comprehensive Maintenance Plan
- Policy 3000 series