DALLAS —Two years after the Chevy Truck Legends program was introduced at the 2016 State Fair of Texas, the program now has more than 60,000 members across the U.S. and counting.
“The goal of the Truck Legends program was simple: to recognize our most enthusiastic owners,” said Hugh Milne, Silverado marketing manager. “The response has been incredible, with Truck Legends quickly growing into a community of owners who share a passion for Chevy trucks.”
The program is open to customers who own a Chevy truck with more than 100,000 miles on the odometer or who have purchased or leased more than one new eligible Chevy truck in their lifetime.
All Chevy Truck Legends receive a welcome kit including an exclusive Legends cap and vehicle decals, and they can share their photos and stories online in the Truck Legends member gallery. Members also get exclusive truck news and updates directly from Chevy, including sneak peeks of new vehicles.
Most recently, Chevrolet hosted 30 Truck Legends and their guests in Jackson, Wyoming, for the first drive of the all-new Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Members were among the first outside the company to put the next-generation Silverado through its paces, including experiencing:
- New towing technologies, such as the available Trailer Camera Package with the standard Rear Vision Camera, two side-view cameras mounted in the side-view mirrors, and a fourth accessory camera that mounts to the trailer for a more comprehensive rear view while towing.
- Demonstrations of the Durabed, the most functional bed of any pickup, with best-in-class cargo volume, box depth and box length at floor, plus a segment-leading 12 fixed tie-downs, an available 110/120-volt power outlet and an available exclusive power up/down tailgate.
- The industry-first Dynamic Fuel Management system on the 5.3L and 6.2L V-8 engines, which is able to operate in 17 different cylinder patterns to optimize power delivery and efficiency.
- An off-road course in the all-new Trail Boss, which adds off-road equipment, including a two-inch suspension lift and the Z71 Off Road Package with a locking rear differential, skid plates, Rancho shocks, 18-inch wheels and Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires.
Other exclusive opportunities for select Truck Legends members have included:
- Attending an invite-only event in Dallas for the Chevy Truck Centennial celebration, where the all-new 2019 Chevy Silverado was first revealed.
- Being featured in a national advertising campaign for the Chevrolet Truck Centennial.
- Joining Chevrolet race events, with experiences ranging from complimentary race tickets to exclusive tours of the pit and opportunities to meet professional drivers.
- Members were the first to experience the 2017 Silverado HD, the most powerful Silverado ever, equipped with a Duramax 6.6L V-8 turbo-diesel with an SAE-certified 445 horsepower and 925 lb-ft at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas.
- 20 percent discount on GM Accessories.
- Complimentary passes to auto shows across the U.S.
As the community continues to grow, Chevrolet will continue offering exclusive content and experiences only for Truck Legends members. For access, eligible customers can sign up for Chevrolet Truck Legends by creating a profile at http://www.ChevyTruckLegends.com.