Nanjemoy, MD- On November 30, 2018 at approximately 11:00 a.m.; a homeowner heard a popping noise inside his home. The owner, whom is blind entered the residence and felt an immense heat coming from the rear door. THe Nanjemoy Volunteer Fire Department was alerted and responded with thirty firefighters.

The blaze was under control in twenty minutes and cause an estimated $75,000 worth of damage to the home. 

The Office of the State Fire Marshal has listed the preliminary cause of the fire as a malfunctioning microwave. The homeowner is assisted by friends, family and the American Red Cross. 

Image porvided courtesy of the Office of the State iIre Marshal

The Office of the State Fire Marshal is an agency of the Department of State Police dedicated to helpingprotect citizens from fire and explosion through a comprehensive program of education, inspection,investigation and fire protection engineering. For more information on fire safety call 1-800-525-3124, log ontoour website at:MarylandState Fire Marshaland/or ourFacebook Page.

David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...