This list will updated when schools, businesses, Government Offices, etc are known to be closed or delayed or some other kind of working environment(i.e. Telework, Optional, etc). If you know of any place not listed, please message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/somdchronicle
Schools will be closed for all students and 10- and 11-month employees on Monday, December 10, 2018. Code Yellow for 12-month staff.
- All emergency personnel report as usual.
- The 12-month non-emergency staff should report at 9am. Work hours will be 9am – 3:30pm.
- Liberal leave is in effect. Employees must notify their immediate supervisor.
- Child care is closed.
- Afternoon/Evening activities are canceled.
The Calverton School is closed
NSWC IHEODTD’s operating status for Monday, 10 Dec is OPEN with the option for unscheduled leave/unscheduled telework.
Charles County Public Schools:
Due to weather conditions, all Charles County public schools will open two hours late today, Monday, Dec. 10, 2018.All morning pre-kindergarten classes are canceled. The Alphabest program at all CCPS elementary schools will begin at 8 a.m.The Legislative Breakfast scheduled for this morning will start at 8 a.m., as planned. Check the website atwww.ccboe.comor call the 24-hour information hotline at 301-934-7410/301-932-6656 for the latest information.
Grace Lutheran School La Plata- delayed opening, no A.M. Preschool
Charles County Government:
Due to inclement weather, Charles County Government will open at 10 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 10 with the liberal leave policy in effect for all non-essential employees. Essential personnel and employees required to maintain operations during inclement weather are to report to work as scheduled.
Due to road conditions, the Charles County Landfill, Landfill Recycling Center, Pisgah Recycling Center, and Piney Church Mulch Facility will open at 10 a.m. on Monday, December 10. Curbside recycling and yard waste collection will operate as scheduled.
St. Mary’s County:
All St. Mary’s County Public Schools will be closed on Monday, December 10, 2018.
Employee Code 2:
All St. Mary’s County Public Schools are closed for Monday, December 10, 2018, with a Code 2 for employees. Code 2 means that 10 and 11 month employees do not report to work. 12 month employees report to work up to two hours late but no later than 9:20 a.m. Liberal leave is in effect. All 12 month employees normally beginning their day after 9:20 a.m. are to report to work on time. Designated emergency personnel will report to work on time.
St. Mary’s Teen Court:Since the St. Mary’s County Schools have announced that schools will be closed tomorrow December 10, 2018, due to the weather, we will likewise not have a Teen Court session. Our next session will be Monday, January 14, 2019, at 5:30 PM. The cases scheduled will be rescheduled for the next session.
St. Michael’s Catholic School, Ridge, MD- Closed
St. Mary’s County Government:Leonardtown, MD – A winter storm warning remains in effect for St. Mary’s County through midnight. Upwards of six inches of snow has fallen across many areas of the county. Motorists Are advised to exercise caution when driving on Monday morning as slick spots will be present aswet roadways freeze overnight. Crews will continue their efforts overnight until all county roads are cleared of snow (not including state highways which are being worked on by State Highway Administration crews).
The following delays and schedule changes will be in effect for Monday, December 10:
- All St. Mary’s County Administrative Offices will open at 11 a.m. Liberal leave for employees
- All St. Mary’s County Public Schools will be closed for students. Code 2 for employees.
- Non-Public School transportation will not operate
- All Recreation and Parks programs operating in the Public Schools are cancelled
- Recreation and Parks facilities will open at noon? STS Transit buses will operate on a normal schedule
- The six (6) Convenience Centers and St, Andrews Landfill will open at noon
- All three Senior Activity Centers (Garvey, Loffler and Northern) will open at 11 a.m.There will be no home delivered meals, congregate meals served or STS transportation to the centers
- All St. Mary’s County Library locations (Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown & Lexington Park) will open at 11 a.m.
- St. Mary’s County Circuit Courthouse will open at 10:30 a.m. with court sessions beginning at 11 a.m.
- NAS Pax River will have a delayed opening. Employees will be alerted with further instructions from Base Command
Stay up to date by visiting the St. Mary’s County Government website at www.stmarysmd.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter for official storm updates and information.
NAS Pax River:
NAS Patuxent River Operating under 2-Hour Delayed Arrival/Unscheduled Leave/Telework Status due to Weather December 10
NAS Patuxent River will open on a 2-hourdelayed arrival schedule Dec. 10, 2018.
Critical personnel must report to work as previously scheduled. Civil service employees designated as non-critical who choose to report to work will be granted admin leave for the hours before the set delayed arrival time. Civil service employees may take a combination of unscheduled leave, telework and/or leave without pay (LWOP) for the entire day.
Civil service employees choosing not to use a combination of unscheduled annual leave, telework, and/or LWOP for the entire workday should report 2 hours later than their regular arrival time. Contract employees should contact their company/contract office for guidance.
Drivers are reminded to allow extra time for their commutes and to drive cautiously. For additional guidance, check with your command.
Additional updates will be provided as needed.
State of Maryland
Liberal Leave (State Government in these Counties) is in effect until 11:00 am today, December 10, 2018 for the following counties: Calvert, St. Mary’s.
Notable Outside of Maryland
Marine Corps Base Qaunitco:For Monday December 10, MCBQ is operating under CODE BLUE.
- The base will open at noon.
- Unscheduled leave may be authorized.
- Mission essential personnel are expected to report to work.
- Check with your chain of command for details.
- The MCBQ VRE shuttle service will not run in Code Blue conditions.
Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division: NSWCDD is open Monday, Dec. 10, with unscheduled leave or unscheduled telework authorized.