Press Release, Charles County Department of Public Works
La PLata, MD- The Department of Public Works Environmental Resources Division announces Christmas tree drop-off locations will be available beginning Wednesday, Dec. 26 through Sunday, Jan. 13. Trees must be ornament, tinsel, and plastic bag free. Collected Christmas trees will be shredded into mulch for Charles County residents, while supplies last, at no charge. A list of drop off locations and hours is listed below.
24 Hour Drop-off Sites: Christmas tree recycling sign will be posted
- Calvary Gospel Church, Route 228, Waldorf
- Charles County Courthouse, Baltimore Street, La Plata
- Pinefield Park, Pinewood Drive, Waldorf
- Route 5 Park N’ Ride, Mattawoman-Beantown Rd, Waldorf
- Radio Station Road, La Plata
- Ruth B. Swann Memorial Park, Route 210, Bryans Road
- St. Nicholas Drive, Waldorf
Facility Locations and Hours:
- Breeze Farm Recycling Center (15950 Cobb Island Rd, Cobb Island): Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Charles County Landfill Recycling Center (12305 Billingsley Road, Waldorf): Monday through Saturday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Gilbert Run Recycling Center (13140 Charles Street, Charlotte Hall): Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Piney Church Road Mulch Facility (5370 Piney Church Road, Waldorf): Monday through Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Pisgah Recycling Center (6645 Mason Springs Road, La Plata): Monday through Saturday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For more information, call the Department of Public Works, Environmental Resources Division, 301-932-3599 or 301-870-2778. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.