Press Release, Charles County Public Schools
The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, Jan. 8, at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and recognition starts at 4:30 p.m.
The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12, and rebroadcast throughout the week. Board meetings are streamed live on the school system website www.ccboe.com. Select the graphic on the center of the home page to launch the meeting. The following is a tentative meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, St. Charles High School
Recognition of 2019 Maryland General Assembly Student Pages
Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman
Reports of officers/board/committees
· Correspondence/Board member updates
· Education Association of Charles County update
· American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
· Student Board member update
· Strategic plans/goals
· Kirwan update
· Textbooks: “Therapeutic Exercises: Foundations and Techniques” and “Muscles: Testing and Function with Posture and Pain”
· Project updates
· Proposed FY2020 operating budget
· Legislative update
New business and future agenda items
· New business
· Future agenda items
– Board retreat
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
· Resolutions: Black History Month, Career and Technical Education Month; National School Counseling Week; and Gifted and Talented Education Month
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,108 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.