News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
How It Happened
- St. Mary’s controlled the start of the contest, pulling ahead of Mary Washington 12-2.Reggie Rouse,Naheed John,Spencer Schultz, andZach Spoonerall recorded scores for the early lead. Shortly after, Mary Washington battled back and took a 19-18 lead with 8:52 remaining in the half for their first lead of the game.
- Mary Washington extended their lead to 16, but the Seahawks finished the half strong with nine unanswered points. St. Mary’s headed into halftime trailing Mary Washington 39-32.
- Trailing 51-41 with 13:48 left in regulation, the Seahawks strung together six-straight points to cut the lead to four.Schultzaccounted for four points during the run andRodney Christianadded a layup to cap the run. However, the Eagles extended their lead and held on for the victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Justin Milsteadled the Seahawks on the offensive end with 18 points, while adding three rebounds and three assists.Schultzfollowed with 14 points, five rebounds, three assists, and one block.
- Spoonerled the team in rebounds, collecting seven.
- Greg Rowsonled all scorers with 23 points.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Feb. 9 vs. York (16-6, 9-2 CAC) – MPOBARC Arena – Senior Day – Capital Athletic Conference game – 4:00 p.m.