News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland Men’s Swimming team continued the CAC Championships Saturday and maintained their spot in fourth place with 231.5 total points.
- University of Mary Washington – 650.5
- York College of Pennsylvania – 440
- Salisbury University – 330
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland – 231.5
- Frostburg State University – 216
How it Happened
– Colin Cassady finished first overall in the 200-yard freestyle prelim by swimming a 1:43.12, which at the time was also a school record. Later he would go on to finish first in the 200-yard final but this time he would improve his time and come in with a 1:41.80. That time would top his score from the morning and would be a new school record to go along with his 50-yard freestyle school record he recorded yesterday.
– Ryan Akhavan placed sixth in the 400-yard IM with a time of 4:20.81.
– Orban would go on to break his own school record in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 52.87, which was also good enough for third place.
Up Next for the Seahawks
2/17 – 10:00 A.M. as the Seahawks will host day number four of the CAC Championships.