News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s basketball player Gina Seifert has been selected as the January Student-Athlete of the Month. This is Seifert’s first student-athlete of the month honor at St. Mary’s.
The Department of Athletics & Recreation executive team selects the Student-Athlete of the Month awardee each month.
The junior forward from Owings, Maryland led the Seahawks to a victory over Penn State Harrisburg with a team-best 19 points and nine rebounds. Overall,Seifertled St. Mary’s College in points per game (10), rebounds per game (7.4), blocks per game (1.3), and steals per game (2.3) during the month of January.
Most recently,Seifertwas named to the All-CAC Second Team on Feb. 20, and finished the season averaging 10.4 points per game and 7.4 rebounds per game, good for third in the conference.
December Student-Athlete of the Month Honor Roll
- Swimming– Brenna Litynski
- Men’s Basketball– Spencer Schultz
2018-19 Student-Athletes of the Month
- September– Khalid Balogun, Men’s Soccer
- October– Kara Taylor, Women’s Cross Country
- November– Brenna Litynski, Women’s Swimming
- December– Spencer Schultz, Men’s Basketball
- January– Gina Seifert, Women’s Basketball