News Release, Netflix
Raises the stakes on the Autobot & Decepticon War
- Netflix and Hasbro have partnered with Rooster Teeth to bringWar For Cybertronto Netflix members around the world in an original series to launch in 2020 – complete with a new animation look and style that presents the Transformers like you’ve never seen them before.
- Rooster Teeth will produce the original series for Netflix and Polygon Pictures will serve as the animation studio.
- Transformers veteran FJ DeSanto (Transformers: Titans Return,Transformers: Power of the Primes) will serve as showrunner on the series with several contributing writers, including George Krstic (Megas XLR), Gavin Hignight(Transformers: Cyberverse), and Brandon Easton (Agent Carter, Transformers: Rescue Bots).
- “In this Transformers origin story, we will explore the expansive universe of Cybertron in a way that audiences have never seen before – to the delight of both existing fans and those coming to the franchise for the first time,” said John Derderian, Director of Anime for Netflix. “The Transformers brand is a global phenomenon and we are thrilled to partner with Hasbro, Rooster Teeth and Polygon to bring this exciting new series to our members around the world on Netflix.”
- “We’re thrilled to work with Rooster Teeth’s new premium studio division to bring an all-new Transformers fan-oriented series to Netflix,” said Tom Warner, Senior Vice President for the Transformers franchise for Hasbro. “Transformers has a rich history of great storytelling and War for Cybertron is an exciting new chapter in the Transformers Universe.”