News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
HAMPDEN-SYDNEY, Va. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland baseball (4-2) fell to the Hampden-Sydney Tigers (4-3) 7-1 on Saturday (Mar. 2) afternoon in their first road contest. The Seahawks and Tigers played eight innings due to darkness.
How It Happened
- The Tigers held a 4-0 lead through five innings and took starting pitcher Drew Sturgess out of the game. The Seahawks got on the board with their lone run of the game when Dillon Waters recorded a RBI single into right field, bringing home Bowen Plagge.
- The Seahawk offense struggled to produce anymore runs, while the Tigers added three more for the victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Tyson Johnson, D. Waters, Bowen Plagge, and Lucas Kraft finished with one hit on the afternoon. D. Waters collected the Seahawks lone RBI and Dan McCann reached base on a walk.
- Sturgess pitched 4.1 innings in the start and allowed four earned runs. Griffin Honse and Will Spanoghe recorded one strikeout each pitching in relief.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Mar. 3 vs. TBD at Hampden-Sydney