News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
HAMPDEN-SYDNEY, Va. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland baseball (4-2) fell to the Hampden-Sydney Tigers (4-3) 7-1 on Saturday (Mar. 2) afternoon in their first road contest. The Seahawks and Tigers played eight innings due to darkness.
How It Happened
- The Tigers held a 4-0 lead through five innings and took starting pitcherDrew Sturgessout of the game. The Seahawks got on the board with their lone run of the game whenDillon Watersrecorded a RBI single into right field, bringing homeBowen Plagge.
- The Seahawk offense struggled to produce anymore runs, while the Tigers added three more for the victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Tyson Johnson,D. Waters,Bowen Plagge, andLucas Kraftfinished with one hit on the afternoon.D. Waterscollected the Seahawks lone RBI andDan McCannreached base on a walk.
- Sturgesspitched 4.1 innings in the start and allowed four earned runs.Griffin HonseandWill Spanogherecorded one strikeout each pitching in relief.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Mar. 3 vs. TBD at Hampden-Sydney