News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
SPARKS, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s lacrosse (1-2) fell to the Dickinson College Red Devils (1-2) on Saturday (Mar. 2) afternoon in non-conference action. The game was played on Tierney Field at the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame.
St. Mary’s – 7, Dickinson – 13
How It Happened
- Dickinson jumped out to a 4-1 lead in the early stages of the game. Ali Collie dodged to the cage and scored unassisted for the Seahawks first score at the 23:35 mark of the first half. Kate Bartholomew cut the Dickinson lead to two with a goal off a free position shot, but the Red Devils responded with a goal of their own and held a three-goal advantage.
- The Seahawks trimmed the Red Devil lead to one from back-to-back goals with 5:20 remaining in the first half. Lucy Gussio and Sydni Thacker found the back of the cage during the run. Dickinson finished the half strong with three unanswered goals and the Seahawks headed into halftime trailing 8-4.
- Dickinson kept their momentum from the first half and tallied four-straight goals to begin the second stanza. Trailing 12-4, St. Mary’s College scored three of the four final goals of the game.
Inside the Box Score
- Gussio led the Seahawks with three points from two goals and one assist. Caitlin Katchmar followed Gussio with two goals on the afternoon.
- Mary Kate Fitz-Patrick, Dani MacDonald, Francesca Ziccardi, Jayne Barkman, Nicole Kuderski, and Emma Brown paced the Seahawks with two ground balls. Additionally, Ziccardi, Alyssa Demski, Barkman, and Kuderski caused two turnovers on the defensive end.
- In goal, Brown collected 14 saves.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Mar. 6 vs. Marymount – 4:00 p.m. – Jamie L. Roberts Stadium