News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
LYNCHBURG, Va. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s lacrosse (5-3) won in convincing fashion over Randolph College on Wednesday (Mar. 13) afternoon, defeating the Wildcats 17-3.
How It Happened
- St. Mary’s pulled out to a quick 3-0 advantage by the 8:57 mark of the first quarter with scores from Erich Wuesthoff, Abe Hubbard, and Jude Brown. Randolph answered with a goal of their own, but the Seahawks tacked on three additional scores to end the first stanza. Brown and Wuesthoff tallied their second scores of the day during the three goal spurt, while Dominic Venanzi added his first.
- The second quarter witnessed the fewest goals scored with three, and the Seahawks managed to record all three. Max Groen and Wuesthoff scored off of feeds from Brown. Next, Groen scored his second goal of the quarter off a well-placed pass from Ray LaPlaca.
- In the third quarter, the Seahawks outscored the Wildcats 4-2. Venanzi, Hubbard (2), and Brown beat the opposing goalkeeper for scores. Finally, the Seahawks capped off their dominant victory with four scores in the final stanza of action. Nick Nwadike, Jack Conway, and Terner Whitehead found the back of the net for the first time this season in fourth, while Jaylen DeCarlo dished out his first assist of the year.
Inside the Box Score
- Brown led the Seahawks on the offensive end with six points off of three goals and three assists. Wuesthoff (3g), Hubbard (3g), and Groen (2g, 1a) followed with three points each.
- Michael Bucci and Anthony Sparacino led the Seahawks with four ground balls each, while Brown and Ross Snodderly led the team with two caused turnover a piece. In goal, Snodderly collected three saves and Kyrle Preis gathered two saves.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Mar. 16 vs. Washington College – 2:00 p.m. – Jamie L. Roberts Stadium