News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland baseball (5-11-1, 0-6 CAC) fell to non-conference foe Marymount University (9-12, 3-1 AEC) by a final score of 10-4 on Wednesday (Mar. 27) afternoon.
How It Happened
- Both squads swung the bat well in the first inning with the Seahawks and Saints plating three runs each. Following a lead off double fromBrady Waters, brotherDillon Waterssmacked a double down the left field line to plateB. Waters. St. Mary’s College continued to add runs whenJay Hammettplaced a single in the gap in center field for a RBI single. The Seahawks capped off the inning with anAndy CollinsRBI single to tie the game at three.
- The Saints tacked on three more runs between the third and fourth innings and held a three run advantage over the Seahawks. St. Mary’s College began to chip into the Marymount lead whenBowen Plaggeput the ball in play, forcing an error from the Saints for the Seahawks fourth run.
- Marymount received solid pitching from their bullpen the rest of the way to shut the Seahawks out, while the Saints offense added four more runs to secure the victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Hammettled the Seahawks from the plate finishing three-of-five with one RBI. D. Waters followed with two hits in five at-bats and one RBI.
- Will Spanoghestarted the game on the mound for the Seahawks, throwing three innings and allowing six earned runs.Spanoghewas charged with the loss.Ben WebsterandTim Handpitched well in relief holding the Saints to zero earned runs.Websterstruck out three batters in three innings pitched, whileHandrung up two batters in just one inning pitched.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Mar. 29 vs. Southern Virginia – 4:00 p.m. | Capital Athletic Conference game | Hawk’s Nest