News Release, St. Mary’s County Public Information Office
Leonardtown, MD– If you’ve been seeking an opportunity to play a more active role in your community, now is your chance. The Commissioners of St. Mary’s Board of County is calling all citizens interested in volunteering their time to the community by serving on various Boards, Committees and Commissions.
Detailed descriptions of the various boards and membership applications are available on the County’s website athttp://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/voluntr/. All applications must include a resume and be submitted no later thanThursday, May 23, 2019.
Boards, Committees and Commissions:
- Agriculture, Seafood & Forestry Commission
- Airport Advisory Committee
- Commission for Women
- Commission on Aging
- Commission on People with Disabilities
- Commission on the Environment
- Ethics Commission
- Housing Authority Board of St. Mary’s County
- Human Relations Commission
- Social Service Board
- Transportation Advisory Committee
The following vacancies have special requirements:
- Building Code Board of Appeals-Must have experience in the Engineering, Electrical HVAC or Building Industry
- Economic Development Commission – Small Business Owner
- Metropolitan Commission – Must live in the 1st or 2nd & 9th Districts
- Plumbing Fuel Gas Board – Must be a Licensed Plumber
- Property Tax Assessment Appeal Board – applications must be completed on the Governor’s Appointments Office website at:https://govappointments.maryland.gov/
- Sheriff’s Office Retirement Plan Board – Financial Background Required
- Youth Advisory Committee – Must be Fourteen Years of Age.
Interested citizens can download an application from the county’s website or call Diane Gleissner at (301) 475-4200 ext. 71700 for more information.