News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s lacrosse member Kate Bartholomew has been selected as the March Student-Athlete of the Month. Bartholomew was also the St. Mary’s College of Maryland Student-Athlete of the Month in April of 2018.
The Department of Athletics & Recreation executive team selects the Student-Athlete of the Month awardee each month.
The junior midfielder from Galena, Maryland led the team with 45 points off of 34 goals and 11 assists in March.Bartholomewalso recorded 37 draw controls, 10 ground balls, and caused eight turnovers. She recorded her 100th career point in a dominating victory over Southern Virginia on Mar. 20. In addition,Bartholomewwas named the CAC Player of the Week on Mar. 25.
Bartholomewis currently third in the Capital Athletic Conference in goals (41), third in points (54), and sixth in draw controls (49).
March Student-Athlete of the Month Honor Roll
- Baseball –Dillon Waters
- Women’s Tennis –Claire Bodine
- Men’s Tennis –Jon Gorel
- Men’s Rowing –Perry Conner
- Women’s Rowing –Emily Frieman
- Men’s Lacrosse –Jude Brown
2018-19 Student-Athletes of the Month
- September –Khalid Balogun, Men’s Soccer
- October –Kara Taylor, Women’s Cross Country
- November –Brenna Litynski, Women’s Swimming
- December –Spencer Schultz, Men’s Basketball
- January –Gina Seifert, Women’s Basketball
- February –Brenna Litynski, Women’s Swimming
- March –Kate Bartholomew, Women’s Lacrosse