News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s lacrosse (10-6, 3-2 CAC) blew past the visiting Frostburg State University Bobcats (8-7, 1-4 CAC) to record their tenth regular season victory of the season. The Seahawks defeated the Bobcats 13-5 in Capital Athletic Conference play and secured home field advantage in the First Round of the CAC Tournament on Apr. 27.
How It Happened
- St. Mary’s College jumped on the Bobcats early and took control of the game with a dominating first quarter. The Seahawks scored the first five goals of the game for an early lead.Abe Hubbardtallied three goals during the run, whileJeremiah ClemmerandRay LaPlacascored on extra-man-opportunities. The Bobcats erased their goose egg on the scoreboard with a goal at the 1:43 mark of the opening stanza.
- The second quarter of action displayed a defensive battle as the Seahawks and Bobcats only found the back of the cage once.LaPlacaripped a shot into the back of the net with one minute remaining in the half to give St. Mary’s College a 6-2 lead at halftime.
- In the third quarter, the Seahawks blew the game wide open, outscoring the Bobcats 6-0.Connor BenhoffandJude Brownscored twice, whileHubbardandLaPlacafound the back of the net once.
- Leading 12-2, the Seahawks scored once in the fourth quarter and held the Bobcats to three goals in the stanza for the victory.Hubbardtallied his fifth goal of the game in the fourth.
Inside the Box Score
- First year attackmanHubbardled the Seahawks with a career-best five goals on the afternoon.LaPlaca(3g, 1a) andGroen(4a) followed with four points each.
- On the defensive end,Luke McWright,Anthony Sparacino, andTommy Rinderled the team with two caused turnovers. In addition,Sparacinoled the Seahawks with five ground balls. In goal,Ross Snodderlycollected 10 saves.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 24 vs. No. 1 Salisbury – 4:00 p.m. | Capital Athletic Conference contest | Jamie L. Roberts Stadium