News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
SALISBURY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s lacrosse (9-8, 3-3 CAC) concluded regular season action with a 17-9 loss at No. 6 Salisbury University on Wednesday (Apr. 24) afternoon in Capital Athletic Conference play. The Seahawks have secured the fourth seed in the Capital Athletic Conference Tournament and will host the fifth seeded Christopher Newport University Captains on Saturday (Apr. 27) at 1 p.m.
How It Happened
- St. Mary’s College played an excellent first half and headed into halftime leading the Sea Gulls 8-5. Kate Bartholomew recorded three of the Seahawks first four goals, while Ali Collie added the fourth for a 4-3 St. Mary’s College lead. Next, Salisbury evened the game at four, but the Seahawks answered with a four goal run to capture an 8-4 advantage. Lucy Gussio, Bartholomew, Caitlin Katchmar, and Jayne Barkman all beat the opposing goalkeeper for scores during the run.
- Trailing by three goals to start the second half, the Sea Gulls took over the game by scoring 12 of the 13 goals scored in the second half. Sydni Thacker tallied the lone Seahawk goal in the second half.
Inside the Box Score
- Bartholomew led the Seahawks with five points off of four goals and one assist. Collie followed with four points, recording one goal and three assists.
- On the defensive end, Mary Kate Fitz-Patrick, Katchmar, Camila Ranta, and Emma Brown all caused one turnover each. Barkman and Ranta led the Seahawks with two ground balls, while Fitz-Patrick and Stephanie Heffron paced St. Mary’s College with five draw controls each. In goal, Brown collected eight saves.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 27 vs. Christopher Newport – 1:00 p.m. | Capital Athletic Conference Tournament First Round | Jamie L. Roberts Stadium