“Alvey in RUSH Crates, Nelson Gets 50th”
By Doug Watson
Budds Creek, MD- Derick Quade was victorious for the second time this season in last Friday nights 20-lap Limited Late Model headliner at Potomac Speedway. The win for Quade, steering his Black Diamond no.74, would be the 15th of his Potomac career and third overall feature win of the season.
Quade burst from the pole and would lead all 20-circuits taking the win by a wide margin over runner-up Brandon Long.
“We found a few things with this car and it just keeps to be getting better.” Quade stated post race. “The track was a little rough tonight but the crew gave me such a good car it made my job pretty easy.” Defending track champion Tyler Emory was third with Billy Tucker and Sam Archer completing the top-five.
Delaware invader Nick Davis lead all 20-laps of the RUSH Crate Late Model main over current point leader Darren Alvey. Unfortunately, Nick’s winning mount did not survive the tech line and he would be disqualified, handing the win to Alvey, his second triumph of the season. Kyle Lear, Chuck Bowie, Joey Love and Jeremy Pilkerton would eventually comprise the top-five.
Kyle Nelson achieved a personal goal with his win in the 15-lap Hobby Stock event. The win would be Nelson’s 23rd career division feature win and the overall 50th of his Potomac career. “I think we’ve been chasing this for the last 10 years it feels like, and I’m glad we were able to get it done.” Buddy Dunagan, Hilton Pickeral, Greg Morgan and current point leader Mike Latham rounded out the top-five.
In other action, Deuce Wright took his first win of the season in the 15-lap Street Stock feature, Nabil Guffey wired the field for his second Strictly Stock triumph and Cody Stamp out ran the field for his second U-Car victory of the season.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Derick Quade 2. Brandon Long 3. Tyler Emory 4. Billy Tucker 5. Sam Archer 6. Todd Plummer 7. Jonny Oliver
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Darren Alvey 2. Kyle Lear 3. Chuck Bowie 4. Joey Love 5. Jeremy Pilkerton 6. Ben Bowie 7. Matt Quade 8. Megan Mann 9. Jonathan Raley 10. Mike Raleigh 11. Harry Shipe III 12. Nick Davis (DQ)
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Kyle Nelson 2. Buddy Dunagan 3. Hilton Pickeral 4. Greg Morgan 5. Mikey Latham 6. Colin Long 7. Billy Crouse 8. Kyle Randall 9. Jonathan Knott 10. Stevie Gingery (DNS)
Street Stock feature finish
1. Deuce Wright 2. Marty Hanbury 3. Ed Pope Jr. (DNS)
Strictly Stock feature finish
1. Nabil Guffey 2. John Hardesty 3. Jeff Bloch 4. Johnny Hardesty 5. Jimmy Suite 6. Josh Martinson 7. Danny Kitts 8. Daniel Knodle 9. Greg Mattingly 10. Ed Pope Sr. 11. JJ Silvious
U-Car feature finish
1. Cody Stamp 2. Allen Griffith 3. Ben Pirner 4. Billy Smith 5. Larry Lamb 6. Brad Sayler 7. Justin Knight 8. Ryan Quade 9. Mackenzie Smith 10. Stephen Suite 11. Joey Suite 12. Ashley Stansell 13. Owen Lacey 14. Nicole Adams