Alvey Scores Hat Trick in RUSH Crates
By Doug Watson
Budds Creek, MD- Derick Quade romped to his 4th win of the season in last Friday nights 20-lap Limited Late Model headliner at Potomac Speedway. The win for Quade, steering his potent Black Diamond no.74, would be his 17th career Limited Late Model triumph and overall 25th at the Maryland oval.
Quade drew the outside pole for the start of the feature and made the most of his good fortune as he would eventually lead all 20-circuits. Eventual runner up Tyler Emory dogged Quade the whole way in quite a spirited battle but fell short of the win by a car length at the line.
“We drew a good number for the feature and made the most of it,” Quade stated in his post-race interview. “Tyler showed me his nose there a few times toward the end and our car was starting to fade, but we were able to hold him off.” Brandon Long took third with Billy Tucker and Todd Plummer rounding out the top-five.
Current RUSH Crate Late Model point leader Darren Alvey drove to his 3rd win of the season and career 10th, in the divisions 20-lap main. Alvey out dragged defending track champion Chuck Bowie into the first turn and never looked back as he drove his Rocket no.30 to a flag to flag feature win.
“We took some traction out of this car tonight and we could have taken more out, man this place was fast tonight.” Alvey quipped in the victory lane. “With the way the track was here tonight the race felt like 100-laps, I’m worn out.” Bowie held tough for second with Jonathan Raley, Ben Bowie and Jeremy Pilkerton completing the top-five.
In support class action, Defending track champion Mikey Latham took his 2nd in a row, and 3rd of the season in the 15-lap Hobby Stock feature, Greg Mattingly scored his 2nd Strictly Stock win, CJ Schirmer was victorious in the Southern Delaware Vintage feature and sophomore pilot Cody Stamp collected his 4th of the season in the 15-lap U-Car event.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Derick Quade 2. Tyler Emory 3. Brandon Long 4. Billy Tucker 5. Todd Plummer 6. Sam Archer 7. Jonny Oliver 8. Bruce Kane
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Darren Alvey 2. Chuck Bowie 3. Jonathan Raley 4. Ben Bowie 5. Jeremy Pilkerton 6. Austin Bussler 7. Mike Raleigh 8. Megan Mann
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Mikey Latham 2. Kyle Nelson 3. Greg Morgan 4. Buddy Dunagan 5. Hilton Pickeral 6. Colin Long 7. Wyatt Hanson
Strictly Stock feature finish
1. Greg Mattingly 2. Nabil Guffey 3. JJ Silvious 4. Jeff Bloch 5. John Hardesty 6. Nick Keifer 7. Johnny Hardesty 8. Jimmy Suite 9. Daniel Knodle 10. Danny Kitts 11. Ed Pope Sr.
U Car feature finish
1. Cody Stamp 2. Justin Knight 3. Tim Steele 4. Ryan Quade 5. Dominic King 6. Brad Sayler 7. Mackenzie Smith 8. Joey Suite 9. Owen Lacey 10. Ashley Stansell 11. Derick Quade Jr. 12. Steph Homberg 13. Stephen Suite 14. Mark Pollard (DQ)
All photos courtesy of Larry Burnett WRT