News Release St. Mary’s County Public Information Office
Leonardtown, MD– The Commissioners of St. Mary’s County are seeking 11 volunteers for a local YMCA Exploratory Committee. This committee will learn about YMCA programs and services, investigate community needs, identify potential locations for a facility, discuss potential facility amenities and gauge fundraising capacity for purposes of delivering an in-depth report to the Commissioners.
This 11-member committee will meet monthly for six months to discuss gathered information and gauge adherence to stated objectives. At the end of six months, the committee will provide a report of findings to the Commissioners of St. Mary’s County.
All citizens interested in being considered should fill out an application on the County’s website athttps://www.stmarysmd.com/boards/All applicants must include a resume and submissions must be received no later than Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019.
Applicants for this committee must meet one of the following criteria:
- St. Mary’s County Government Representative
- Commission on Aging Representative
- Community Youth Center Campaign Representative
- Tri-County Youth Services Representative
- Youth Advisory Board Representative
- St. Mary’s County Public Schools Representative
- Local Business Leaders (2 openings)
- Chamber of Commerce Business Representative
- Leader of the Navy