ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland volleyball team (3-6,0-0) had their first home match of the year against the Notre Dame of Maryland Gators (6-1,0-0) Thursday night (Sept. 12).
How It Happened
- Notre Dame of Maryland and St. Mary’s College would start the first set tied 10-10 but from there, the Gators would go on a six-point run to bring it to 16-10. Notre Dame pulled away from that point and took the set 25-19.
- The second set also saw the two teams tied at 15-15 when Notre Dame of Maryland would once again go on a six-point streak to make it 21-15. The Gators would later win the set by a final score of 25-18.
- The third set once again saw the two knotted at 8-8 before Notre Dame of Maryland recorded nine straight points and would later take the third set with a score of 25-17.
Inside the Box Score
- Ellyse Sutliff and Kyra Feinaeur led the team in kills with seven apiece.
- Senior Emily Benedict was the top Seahawk for digs with eight.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Sept. 14 vs Washington College | 11:00 A.M. | Michael P. O’Brien Athletics and Recreation Center Arena
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMVB
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmvb | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks