ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland field hockey team (6-0) took on the visiting Ferrum College Panthers (0-5) on Sunday (Sept. 15) afternoon in non-conference action. The Seahawks remained undefeated with a dominant 4-0 victory over the Panthers.
How It Happened
- The Seahawks dominated all facets of the game and controlled possession on their offensive end for the entire game. St. Mary’s College outshot Ferrum College 21-0 in the first half and 9-0 in the second half. The Seahawks recorded their first of four goals of the game in the 19th minute when Celina Kaufman whacked a shot into the back of the cage.
- Later in the second quarter, the Seahawks extended their lead to two scores, thanks to an unassisted goal from Hannah Dietrich. St. Mary’s College continued to expand their lead in the second half when Kaufman fired a shot into the back of the cage for her second score of the game. Kaufman now leads the Seahawks with six goals and 13 points. Next, Emma Chandler tallied her first goal of the season in the 44th minute to seal the Seahawk victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Kaufman led the Seahawks with two goals on the afternoon, while Dietrich, Ronan, and Chandler recorded two points each. In goal, Kelbey Egerland held the Panther scoreless and improved to 6-0 on the season.
- As a team, the Seahawks outshot the Panthers 30-0 and earned 10 penalty corners compared to the Ferrum’s one.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Sept. 21 at Virginia Wesleyan | 1:00 p.m. | Birdsong Field
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmfh
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMFH | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks