By: David M. Higgins II

Lusby, MD- On September 19, 2019, at 1:22 a.m., Calvert 9-1-1 was alerted to a structure fire at Tidewater Dental on HG Trueman Road.

The Solomons Volunteer Fire Department, along with several other area fire companies responded to the two-alarm fire.

Over 50 firefighters battled the blaze for over 45 minutes before getting it under control. Several hours later the blaze was extinguished and the Fire Marshal began his investigation.

The fire was a result of an electrical malfunction within an exterior electrical service entrance. The estimated loss is $200,000.00(structure) and $250,000.00(contents).

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Office of the State Fire Marshal’s Southern Regional Office at 443-550-6820.


UPDATE 9/19/2019 5:05 a.m.- Tidewater Dental in Lusby, MD has posted on their Facebook page that their Lusby facility was the overnight fire.

We are awaiting a fire marshal’s report.


Lusby, Md- At 1: 22 a.m. on Thursday, September 19, 2019, a Calvert County Sheriff’s Office NIXLE alert stated that area Fire Departments are battling a large fire in the area of HG Trueman Road and Camp Conroy Road in Lusby, MD.

At this time there is no word on the type of fire, but police are asking everyone to stay away. From Google Maps, this appears to have only wooded and open areas.

This area has Southern High School not too far and is bordering Calvert Cliffs, State Park.

Follow police instructions and stay away from the area. Watch for responding emergency vehicles, emergency personnel, and find an alternate route.

This is a developing story.


David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...