FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s soccer (2-7, 0-1 CAC) opened up Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) action at the University of Mary Washington (4-5, 1-0 CAC) on Saturday (Sept. 28) afternoon. The Seahawks fell to the Eagles 3-0.
St. Mary’s College – 0, Mary Washington – 3
How it Happened
- The first goal of the match was scored by the Eagles in the second minute of play. Next, the Seahawks did a magnificent job on the defensive end, holding Mary Washington scoreless for the remainder of the first half.
- Goalkeeper, Audra Haines faced five shots on goal this afternoon and ended with two total saves.
- Ashley Yurich and Emma Schroeder were the only shooters for the Seahawks this afternoon. Yurich managed to fire off two shots and Schroeder recorded one. Mary Washington scored twice in the second half to seal the 3-0 victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Haines now has 35 saves this season thus far, making her save percentage 66%.
- Yurich’s two shots this afternoon brings her season total to seven, along with Megan Tazza and Kaitlyn Steigner.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 2 at York | 7:00 p.m. | Graham Field
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmwsoccer
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_WSOCCER | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks