FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s soccer (2-7, 0-1 CAC) opened up Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) action at the University of Mary Washington (4-5, 1-0 CAC) on Saturday (Sept. 28) afternoon. The Seahawks fell to the Eagles 3-0.
St. Mary’s College – 0, Mary Washington – 3
How it Happened
- The first goal of the match was scored by the Eagles in the second minute of play. Next, the Seahawks did a magnificent job on the defensive end, holding Mary Washington scoreless for the remainder of the first half.
- Goalkeeper,Audra Hainesfaced five shots on goal this afternoon and ended with two total saves.
- Ashley YurichandEmma Schroederwere the only shooters for the Seahawks this afternoon.Yurichmanaged to fire off two shots andSchroederrecorded one. Mary Washington scored twice in the second half to seal the 3-0 victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Hainesnow has 35 saves this season thus far, making her save percentage 66%.
- Yurich’stwo shots this afternoon brings her season total to seven, along withMegan TazzaandKaitlyn Steigner.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 2 at York | 7:00 p.m. | Graham Field
Facebook:StMarysAthletics|Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmwsoccer
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_WSOCCER | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks