While Outlook has maintained its popularity through the years, the second client is now obsolete and receives no updates. Despite its free distribution and convenient features, it still lacks functionality, with very limited options available. Hence, the transition is inevitable. But how should you go about doing it?
You may suppose that since both clients are brainchildren of the same corporation, the move will be smooth. However, they use very different formats, whose clash causes problems. If you are looking for the most reliable way to relocate from live mail to outlook, find more details on the website. Dedicated tools like this make the process effortless.
However, if you are determined to test your computer skills despite the risks, here are a few sequences to try. Bear in mind that none of the manual approaches guarantees that your data will remain intact. Many things can go wrong in the process.
Can I Do It Manually?
This is possible but requires time and patience. You could be faced with unexpected problem-solving in the process — after all, you have already been warned. The success or failure will largely depend on your luck.
Another drawback is the complexity of the sequence for inexperienced OS users. To at least minimize the risks, make sure all the valuable data has been backed up beforehand. Any mistake could lead to data loss or damage.
- Begin by running both programs on the same computer.
- In the WLM client, locate the File tab and select Export Option.
- In the Open list, select Email messages.
- Select Microsoft Exchange and hit Next.
- A pop-up message should now notify you that “All Email Will Be Exported to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange”. Confirm with OK.
- Pick the folder to move the transferred data and click OK.
- The Export process confirmation window appears. Click Finish to conclude the procedure.
There are a few major caveats. First, this sequence may not work with all Outlook versions. Secondly, it is imperative that both clients are running on the same machine. Overall, it should now be clear why users who want to keep data intact would rather use additional software.
Why Professional Solutions are Superior
Tools that were designed especially for the purpose of mail migration, come with many useful features. Here are the key benefits:
- Convenient intuitive interface;
- Automatic detection of all the required files and folders;
- Direct and hassle-free import to a PST file or your profile in Outlook;
- Email encoding conversion that runs automatically and ensures accuracy;
- No limits for the size or number of items you can engage;
- Comprehensive compatibility with all versions of Outlook.
If you are reading this article, there are chances the e-correspondence you are going to transfer is valuable. Why risk losing any of this information? A dedicated tool is a perfect value for money.