Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
News Release, St. Mary’s County Public Schools
LEONARDTOWN, MD – Beginning Monday, December 2 at 10 a.m. the Chesapeake Public Charter School (CPCS) online lottery application will OPEN.
• All interested families must fill out applications online at cpcsapplication.com during the open enrollment period. (This includes all families/siblings who were wait-listed in the 19/20 school year). For the 2020-2021 school year, the online application process opens at 10 a.m. on December 2, 2019, and closes at 12 p.m. midnight on December 31, 2019.
There will be two informational sessions this year to be held on the following dates:
• Tuesday, December 3rd @ 5 p.m. – CPCS Gym
• Thursday, December 5th @ 6 p.m. – CPCS Gym
• Families need to enter a valid email address and create a password to create a free account. The application also features a mobile-friendly platform. This account will need to be monitored for information regarding submission status, acceptance/wait-list notifications.
• All applications must be completed online. The order in which the application is submitted does not impact the selection process. It does not matter whether a family submits an application on the first day or the last day since the lottery is a random, computer-based drawing. On-site computers will be provided at the school between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. M-F, if needed for the application process, beginning on December 3, 2019. The application is available in multiple languages.
• The lottery will be run at the end of January 2020.
• Kindergarten families will be notified by email upon completion of the lottery of their acceptance or wait-list status. All other families of students in grades 1-8 will receive an email of their wait-list status and will be offered seats as they become open through the summer months.
For more information, please contact the school’s main office at 301-863-9585, extension 0.