News Release, Charles County Public Schools
La Plata, MD- Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) is holding a Fresh Start Academy Advisory Board meeting at 6 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23 in the boardroom at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building in La Plata. The meeting is open to the public.
This is the second meeting of the board, which formed earlier this school year to provide input and feedback on the Academy programs, policies and practices. Board members represent community and other Charles County organizations.
Dr. Dianna Abney, a Waldorf pediatrician and former director of the Charles County Department of Health, is the advisory board chair. Other board members include:
- Catherine Meyers, representing the Center for Children;
- Linda McLaughlin, representing the Education Association of Charles County (EACC);
- Yolanda Christian, representing the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME);
- Janice Wilson, selected by the Board of Education; Del. C.T. Wilson, representing the Charles County Delegation;
- Kim Johnson, selected by the Charles County Commissioners;
- Dyotha Sweat and Christienne Coleman-Warren, representing the NAACP; and
- DaVida Usual, elementary parent representative.