Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s swimming team (3-8, 1-3 CAC) finished competition at the Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) Championships on Saturday (Feb. 15). The Seahawks finished third with a total of 386 points and Peter Orban was named the Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
- Mary Washington – 1,097
- York – 625
- St. Mary’s College – 386
- Salisbury – 382
- Southern Virginia – 370
How It Happened
- Anri Cifuentes Robinson started the final session with a runner-up finish in the consolation final of the 100 Yard IM with a time of 57.12. Next, Sebastian Ludwig captured a runner-up finish in the championship final of the 1,650 Yard Freestyle with a time of 16:52.97.
- In event 30, Orban notched a third-place finish in the 200 Yard Backstroke, swimming a time of 1:54.16. Jack Kennedy tallied a runner-up finish in the consolation final of the 200 Yard Backstroke.
- Nate Donoghue recorded a runner-up finish in the consolation final of the 100 Yard Freestyle with a time of 48.76. Next, Andrew March recorded a sixth-place finish in the 200 Yard Breaststroke with a time of 2:16.17.
- Ryan Akhavan tallied a runner-up finish in the championship final of the 200 Yard Butterfly with a time of 1:57.37. The Seahawks concluded the conference championship with a fifth-place finish in the 400 Yard Freestyle Relay. The team of Orban, Akhavan, Kennedy, and Donoghue finished with a time of 3:14.89
Up Next for the Seahawks
- This concludes the 2019-20 season Seahawk swimming season.