Port Tobacco Players
Charles Schulz’s beloved comic comes to life in this classic musical. The whole gang is here: bossy Lucy is hopelessly in love with piano prodigy Schroeder, who doesn’t give her the time of day; perfectionist Sally is still mocking blanket-toting Linus; Snoopy is in the doghouse; and “blockhead” himself, Charlie Brown, is in rare form.
Brief vignettes span the months from Valentine’s Day to Beethoven Day, from wild optimism to utter despair. “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” is the show to see.
We are very excited to announce that the March 28th, 3 PM matinee will be our “Sensory Friendly Performance” in partnership with Charles County Parks and Recreation.
This will include brighter house lights, a reduction in strobe lighting and surprising noises, designated quiet areas in the theater, and the ability for patrons to talk or move around during the performance. A guide to the performance will be provided as well.
We are so happy to be able to offer this opportunity to the community.
This production runs for 4 weekends March 13 to April 5, 2020
Fridays & Saturdays at 8 pm | Sundays at 3 pm. $18 – Adults | $15 – Seniors/Students/Military
The Family Friendly Musical, Based on The Comic Strip “Peanuts” by Charles M. Schulz
- Book, Music and Lyrics by Clark Gesner
- Additional Dialogue by Michael Mayer
- Additional Music and Lyrics by Andrew Lippa
- Original Direction for this version of “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown” by Michael Mayer
- Originally Produced in New York by Arthur Whitelaw and Gene
- Producer Kathy Mead
- Director Kaitelyn Dieguez
- Music Director Zack Ball
- Choreographer Ben Simpson