Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
La Plata, MD- The Charles County Department fo Public Works has announced mulch for residential yards will be available starting late March.
Individuals who wish to have mulch loaded for them can go to the Piney Chruch Road Mulch Facility, located at 5370 Piney Church Road
Waldorf, MD 20602; starting Saturday, March 28, 2020, from 7:30 a.m.-12 p.m. and Saturdays following that. Loading will end for the season on Saturday, November 30, 2019. Self-loading is still available while supplies last. Non-commercial trucks and trailers are loaded.
Residents who wish to load their own mulch will need to bring pitchforks or shovels to one of the following locations:
- Breeze Farm Recycling Center (15950 Cobb Island Road, Cobb Island): Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pisgah Recycling Center (6645 Mason Springs Road, La Plata): Monday through Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Piney Church Road Mulch Facility (5370 Piney Church Road): Monday through Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Commercial vehicles are prohibited and defined as any vehicle:
- displaying a business name, sign, logo, or lettering
- weighing over 10,000 pounds
- equipped with stake body, utility body, sideboards, or ladder racks
- with a box or cargo body
- with a uniformed crew
- carrying lawn equipment
For more information, call the Department of Public Works, Environmental Resources Division, at 301-932-3599 or 301-870-2778. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.