By: Michael Bruckler, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
St. Mary’s City, MD- St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s lacrosse member Kate Bartholomew has been selected as the February Student-Athlete of the Month, the SMCM Athletic Department announced.
The Department of Athletics & Recreation executive team selects the Student-Athlete of the Month award recipient each month.
Bartholomew led the Seahawks with 27 points in the month of February. The senior attacker netted a team-best 19 goals and distributed a team-high eight assists. The Galena, Maryland, native highlighted the month with the game-winning goal in a 11-10 double overtime victory over Dickinson on Feb. 29. In addition, Bartholomew tallied eight ground balls, six draw controls and nine caused turnovers.
The Seahawk women’s lacrosse team finished the month with a 4-1 record and are currently 5-2 overall.
February Student-Athlete of the Month Honor Roll
- Women’s Basketball – Gina Seifert
- Men’s Basketball – Miles Gillette
- Women’s Swimming – Brenna Litynski
- Men’s Swimming – Peter Orban
- Men’s Lacrosse – Jude Brown
- Baseball – Joey Bryner
- Men’s Tennis – Jack Brandenburg
2019-20 Student-Athletes of the Month
- September – Khalid Balogun, Men’s Soccer
- October – Josh McRobie, Men’s Soccer
- November – Leo Boucher, Sailing
- December – Gary Grant, Men’s Basketball
- January – Miles Gillette, Men’s Basketball
- February – Kate Bartholomew, Women’s Lacrosse