Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
News Release, Charles County Public Information Office
The Department of Recreation, Parks, and Tourism will be canceling and postponing the following events and programs and closing the following facilities due to concerns over outbreaks of COVID-19. We will continue to assess the situation will advise patrons and staff of any new developments, as they become available. Up-to-date information regarding RPT closures can be found at: www.CharlesCountyParks.com/about-us/covid-19.
- Effective immediately and until further notice, the Waldorf Senior and Recreational Center will be operating recreation activities and hours only.
- Effective immediately and until further notice, the Crain Memorial Welcome Center will be closed.
- The Port Tobacco Recreation Center, Elite Gymnastics and Recreation Center, indoor pool locations, Henson Community Center, Somers Community Center, Stoddert Community Center, and Smallwood Community Center will be open on Thursday, March 12. All other school-based community centers will be closed.
- Elite Gymnastics and Recreation Center, indoor pool locations, Mattawoman Community Center, Somers Community Center, and Wade Community Center will be open on Friday, March 13. The Port Tobacco Recreation Center and all other school-based community centers will be closed.
- All school-based community centers and the Port Tobacco Recreation Center will be closed on Saturday, March 14 and Sunday, March 15.
- All youth basketball and youth indoor soccer practices and games have been canceled beginning Thursday, March 12.
- All sports clinics scheduled to begin on Saturday, March 14 have been postponed until further notice.
- Mermaids at the Pool on Saturday, March 14 has been canceled. Refunds will be issued.
- Adult men’s basketball games on Sunday, March 15 have been canceled.
- High school prep basketball practices beginning on Monday, March 16 have been postponed until further notice.
- Therapeutic bowling has been canceled.
- Daddy Daughter Dance on Friday, March 20 has been canceled. Refunds will be issued.
Refunds will be issued for canceled programs. For questions regarding refunds, please contact the Department of Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Registration Office at 301-932-3470.
Charles County Government is working closely with the State and local Health Department to keep our patrons and employees informed and updated on the current coronavirus situation. For the latest updates on COVID-19, visit www.CharlesCountyMD.gov/services/health-and-human-services/covid-19.
Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.